PVC Sails/Membranes are made from high tenacity PVC coated polyester and designed for use in tensioned structures. Our preferred brand Valmex® by Mehler is designed and manufactured in Germany to exacting design codes. The fabric is coated in a lacquered finish, has high soiling resistance, is UV stabilised, mildew resistant and is fire retardant.
Our Coastwide Shade Sails PVC membranes are designed to provide maximum protection against all of Mother Nature’s elements. A PVC membrane is waterproof, offers superior protection from UV rays, heat and sun. Cast a shadow over any area where you need outdoor protection in a stabilised architectural form
Call or email us for your no obligation Gold Coast Shade Sails PVC tensioned membrane solution by Coastwide Shade Sails.
- High Tenacity Polyester
- Weight – Std: 580gsm | B/O: 720gsm
- Fabric Thickness – Std: 0.52mm | B/O: 0.55mm
- Cold Resistance: -30°C
- Heat Resistance: +70°C
- Flame Retardent
- Acrylic Both Sides
- All fixings are positioned using 316 grade stainless steel fittings.
- Sails are manufactured from industry recognized commercial grade fabrics. Our preferred brands of shade fabrics are Rainbow Shade ® & Abshade ®. Our preferred brand of PVC is Valmex FR 580 S ®.
- Our sails are manufactured at our facility to exacting standards and are either twin needle sewn or welded (according to the fabric). The corners of each sail are reinforced with the S/S locating rings secured by cross stitched seatbelt webbing to the reinforced corners. 4mm stainless steel cable or heavier is double sewn in to the perimeter giving the sail structure it’s strength and tensioning integrity.
- All posts are hot dipped galvanised steel & powder coated to your choice of colour.
Limited to 24 months on defective materials or workmanship on new installations. Manufacturers’ limited warranty applies to fabric:
Rainbow Shade ® & Abshade ® 10 years Valmex ® 10 years
Warranty does not apply resulting out of extreme weather conditions or other acts of nature I.e. gale force winds impacting the structure or fixings/mountings, excessive rainfall/hail destabilizing the earth around post installations or movement of posts in ground.