Custom Shade Sail Designs and Installation
Not only do Coastwide Shade Sails on the Gold Coast offer protection and reduce the heat underneath them they are often a worthwhile investment to a home adding value and appeal.
From the street a shade sail that covers a driveway can afford an aesthetic look that compliments the front of the house and provide the visual effect of making your property look larger. Of course the primary benefit is to protect your valuable cars underneath from the harsh South East Queensland heat and adverse weather and this they do exceptionally well at a fraction of the cost of a fixed structural carport or patio roof.
Similarly around a verandah, over an entertainment area, pool or play ground Coastwide Shade Sails not only look impressive but they give the ability to enjoy the outdoor areas of your home in the comfort and safety of cooler ambient temperatures while protecting from harmful UV rays so often associated with the Gold Coast.
Typically the shade fabric we use is a commercial grade knitted cloth manufactured using a combination of high density monofilament and tape. It is suitable for tension structures and other heavy duty applications. Depending on colour our shade sail fabric offers up to 99% UV-R protection and with their high tensile strength have proven durable and long lasting. In fact the fabric we use has a 10 year manufacturer’s limited warranty and is tested to Australian Standards AS4174-1994.
Our primary suppliers for Shade Fabric both based in South East Queensland are Rainbow Shade and Abshade. For colour swatches please click on the links below:
Abshade - Plus 95
- Lightweight – 235gsm**
- Excellent UV Protection
- High strength to weight properties
- Advanced ‘Z’ stitching enables increased strength
- Stentored to prevent curling and minimise shrinkage
- Available in 11 coordinated colours
** for large commercial projects or where superior strength is required Extra Heavy Grade fabric up to 400gsm is available as an option
- All fixings are positioned using 316 grade stainless steel fittings.
- Sails are manufactured from industry recognized commercial grade fabrics. Our preferred brands of shade fabrics are Rainbow Shade ® & Abshade ®. Our preferred brand of PVC Vinyl is Valmex ®.
- Our sails are manufactured at our facility to exacting standards and are either twin needle sewn or welded (according to the fabric). The corners of each sail are reinforced with the S/S locating rings secured by cross stitched seatbelt webbing to the reinforced corners. 4 mm stainless steel cable or heavier is double sewn in to the perimeter giving the sail structure it’s strength and tensioning integrity.
- All posts are hot dipped galvanised steel & powder coated to your choice of colour.
Limited to 24 months on defective materials or workmanship on new installations. Manufacturers’ limited warranty applies to fabric:
Rainbow Shade ® & Abshade ® 10 years Valmex ® 10 years
Warranty does not apply resulting out of extreme weather conditions or other acts of nature I.e. gale force winds impacting the structure or fixings/mountings, excessive rainfall/hail destabilizing the earth around post installations or movement of posts in ground.